Tuesday, June 07, 2005

just got home from bible trail! the speaker was really good.. spoke on trials and how we should approach trials with joy, prayerfully and with a heart that desires to learn..

besides that, i saw my two cousins, ian and isaac. i rarely meet my extended family on my father's side nowadays. besides reunion dinner and my grandfather's bday, we hardly see each other. and seeing them today made me feel so mixed. happy cos i got to catch up with them abit, sad cos i really miss the times we spent playing together when we were young, and the fellowship we had. now i feel like we barely know each other.. each one of us carrying on with our own lives and only finding out abt each other through our grandparents.. or our bi-annual family gatherings. especially for ian, cos both of us really grew up together.. played together.. did mischievous things together! haha.. we even went to australia together when i was in pri 4! and learning that he'll be going into army soon, and might not even be able to come for my grandfather's bday celebration in september made me feel even worse. sometimes i wish what happened didn't happen at all. then things would be totally different.. but like what the speaker said.. God lets things happen for a reason. to let us grow through these trials. i decided, i will write letters to them tonight to pass them tomorrow! :)

something that struck me was also praying for my family.. all the more even as the end is near. this family is the only family on my dad's side who're entirely christian. all the more as christians in the family do we have to keep praying for God to have mercy on the rest of my family! this is something that's been on my heart.. my lack of perseverance and discipline in praying for my family.. both my mum and dad's side. :s

No comments: