Friday, May 06, 2005

been in a reflective mood lately.. and many things have been on my mind. lots to think about after idmc and many issues have come up.
well, idmc has been really enriching.. two days have passed.. one more full day to go! so far everything said has encouraged me and challenged me to dig deeper in the Word, and not just read on a superficial level.
Biblical illiteracy, something that has been more prominent lately, especially among the second or third generation christians.. living in an instant society.. all we want are instant results without taking a step further to think things through. as a result, our very shallow knowledge and understanding of the Word is unable to bring us through times of trial.. or even times when we seek to share the gospel with our loved ones and friends. we don't even know how to extensively defend our faith with backing from the Word nowadays. and that's something so disturbing..


today, i was talking to my mum over lunch and she started complaining about my dad.. about the many things i've heard over and over again.. while my usual response was to shrug off all these complaints and carry on with whatever i was doing, it suddenly struck me and i voiced out my view that above it all, what he did not have while we did.. was God with us.. and as i told her that, my voice broke and at that moment i felt this immense pain of a daughter who sorely wanted her dad to share her faith.. to worship the same God she worshipped.. and throughout the day the feeling just hit me again and again.. at night when we were singing as we worship You and making a difference.. when i read 2 cor 4 again this morning.. i just felt it so strongly but along with that came feelings of helplessness and inadequacy.

No comments: