Thursday, May 12, 2005

uh, my throat is very dry now. a result of prolonged singing and laughing last night. haha.. but it was fun! i was very reluctant to go at first as i was tired and feeling abit sick in the morning, but peiru and junwei managed to persuade me by showing me black faces and saying i broke my promise. sheesh! haha.. but somehow when you don't sing for a long time and then u go back and sing again, it gets very fun! especially when everyone sings together and no one starts creating nonsense scandals.

well.. besides going to chinatown at night, my afternoon was spent at potong pasir again.. conducting workshops on nutrition and common ailments. there was one rather knowledgable guy in my group who kept asking me very difficult-to-answer questions!! and sadly, also two compulsive smokers who kept wanting to go out and smoke. i tried to ask them to cut down bit by bit but they simply said "one day no cigarettes can die ah" and they even asked me to join them! !!!!!!! the people there are rather interesting and being there also stirred the desire in me to pray for them. one thing that touched me quite abit yday was when during the breaktime, this elderly man, whom they call the "old jukebox", was happily crooning "amazing grace" in chinese!

not to forget that after the sessions we had a short time of singing with them, which slowly morphed into karaoke. it started with me on the guitar and them wanting to sing "top of the world" and "peng you" and unfamiliar songs by teresa teng! and when i couldn't fulfil their desire to sing certain songs, the social worker put on a few karaoke vcds and then followed a karaoke session!

well, today's our final day there. i think i'll definitely miss my time spent there with everyone.

No comments: