Tuesday, February 21, 2006

i realise i haven't really blogged in quite awhile. probably cos i've been so busy and my mind has been rather consumed with work and stuff that needs to be done. yeah. but thank God for the midsemester break. this morning has gotten off to a very slow start. but i'm quite enjoying myself. woke up at 11 (gasp!) and spent quite awhile talking to my mum. through the conversation, i was reminded again and again that yeah.. i really need to spend more time in prayer..

just read through the last few chapters of hebrews. and as i read through from chapters 9 - 13.. i experienced a vast array of emotion. hadn't felt like that in a long time. it was quite amazing, reading about how Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here and how He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, and through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God and cleansed our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God. somehow this reminded me of my purpose in life. i am saved so that i may serve Him, not so that i can simply live out my life in routine.

chapters 10 and 11 reminded me of the hope i had in a faithful God, and it was a reminder once again to live as aliens and strangers on this earth, and to look forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. the eternal vs. the temporal. it really is a struggle at times to cling on to the temporal, instead of continually looking toward the eternal. but yeah.. i really look forward to the day when we are all made perfect in God and He is glorified because we're totally satisfied in Him.

there's really so much more that encouraged me as i read hebrews. and it was so refreshing. i think i've been so tired lately that i've hardly let the Word speak into my life. i need to slooooooooooooow down.. life is going too fast for me to catch up!

No comments: