Sunday, September 23, 2007



"The sun cannot compare to the glory of Your love
There is no shadow in Your Presence
No mortal man would dare to stand before Your throne
Before the Holy One of heaven
Its' ony by Your Blood and it's only through Your mercy
Lord I come

I bring an offering of worship to my King
No one on earth deserves the praises that I sing
Jesus may You receive the honour that You're due
O Lord I bring an offering to You"

-Offering by Paul Baloche


After a heavy afternoon of talking through the worship module, I headed to the Suntec area seriously brain-drained and exhausted. It was during my time on the bus that I really yearned for a time-out time with God, so I hopped off the bus and walked over to the esplanade park, iPod plugged into my ears.

As I walked and watched the sun getting ready to set, this particular song was playing.. Somehow, listening to the lyrics made me want to cry. I've always loved sunsets, because they're not only beautiful but they display God's glory (to me at least). I loved watching the sunsets in Canada. But the first line of the song struck me hard. The sun, in all its beauty, cannot compare to the glory of God's love.. God's wonderful love for His people which led Him to the cross, so that we have access to Him. There was also this sense of God's holiness in the verse...

I guess it was a good time to think about what offering of worship I was bringing to my King, in particular, today, which happened to be a rather eventful and thought-provoking day.

Interestingly, after that short time alone with God, I felt more ready to spend the evening ahead with my friends. :)

No comments: