Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What a day!

I spent my Science of Music lecture this morning trying to wrestle my gmail account away from a would-be hacker, who turned out to be my dad. He thought my gmail inbox was in the hard-drive of the laptop I just handed over to him. So there went my whole inbox, trashed right into cyberbin.

After that, in a bid to get the exclamation mark key on my laptop to work again, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the apple help guy. The perils of a Macbook.. -mutters-

But it wasn't all that bad. Today, I stepped into the Yong Siew Toh Music Library for the first time, looking for jazz, swing and bossa nova CDs. Well, I didn't see any CDs, but I found several hidden gems to possibly help me while I write some lessons for the worship module. Even if they don't, church music and music therapy books are reason enough for me to camp in the music library during my mid-semester break.

The piano performance I went to at night was really interesting, though we only managed to watch the guy Albert Tiu play from the small screen outside. He was playing a full piano piece with his right hand only. Very impressive..

And I managed to glean much from Greg Ogden's "Transforming Discipleship" on the ride back in the MRT.

Now I'm sitting next to my mum who is relating her experience at the dentist to my brother and I.

What a day!

No comments: