Wednesday, August 24, 2005

on the way to the twins' house this morning, my brother dropped me at the normanton park bus stop so i could take a bus from there. as i looked around at my surroundings, a wave of nostalgia swept over me, for this is where i grew up, where i spent the first 15 years of my life. i peered over the fence, staring into the dimly-lit void decks of blocks 4 and 5 as snippets of my life flashed briefly through my mind. the times where we would play hide-and-seek and catching all round the estate, sometimes going as far as kent ridge park, my turtles! i vaguely remember keeping them, and when they got too big for the tank, we'd walk to the park and release them into the pond. and then there was the supermarket, where we could buy all our favourite sweets on credit, the playgrounds and exercise areas, the hairdresser, gift shop. wow..so many other precious memories. normanton was like a kampong in those days.

as i stood there and gazed through the fence, i came to a realisation that so much had changed during the short span of 5 years away from normanton. i, for one, have changed so much. time really flies.. part of me longed to go back to the simple, yet happy childhood i spent at this place. haha.. but yeah, we gotta keep moving and growing. :)

heh, my bro and i at our blk 1 flat!

No comments: