Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me."

-Psalms 63:8

Last year, during the Alpha day away, we stood and watched monkeys walk across the fence for awhile. As the tribe walked along the fence, someone exclaimed that there were baby monkeys hanging onto their mothers. It took me some time to spot them, but eventually I did. There they were, clinging on tightly to their mother's stomachs. Their mothers too, made sure they were secure, not allowing them to fall.

Reflecting on Psalms 63 yesterday morning somehow brought this incident to mind. I tried to imagine how tightly I could cling onto God, and was reminded of what I saw last year. I want to cling onto God for dear life and find rest and refuge in Him alone. And even more so as the school term peaks at its busiest, and I find myself swamped with so many deadlines and issues to look into.

When I find myself most vulnerable to stress, anxiety and restlessness, that is when I need to cling to Him even more. Because He is our help, we can indeed sing in the shadow of His wings.

No comments: